Thursday, October 8, 2009

Strong Willed

John Dickson, like his first-namesake (see below), who passed it down to his mama, is VERY strong willed. I have known this for a very long time... almost since day 1, and I certainly knew there was no way he could NOT be, but it has never been evidenced so clearly as it was tonight.

John Dickson loves to read books, but he has to be in the mood. And sadly for me, that mood does not often strike right before bed. Tonight I took him in to rock for a minute (another mood that does not often strike right before bed and tonight was no different), and read him "The Going to Bed Book." (Ash Mams - your mom introduced us to Sandra Boynton and we are hooked!) So John Dickson kept fussing and trying to get to his book basket next to the glider, so I figured if I wanted a shot at booktime, I should let him choose his own book. So I dropped his book back in, set him down, and he chose the book he wanted.

Strong willed.

The book... "The Going to Bed Book"

We read for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! And, no worries...Mom's a blog stalker like me. I'm sure she'll be happy to read that John Dickson's enjoying the S.B. books.

    ReplyDelete