Monday, October 5, 2009

I love my Daddy

But sometimes I could wring his neck!!! Mainly when he does not take care of himself... Feel free to fuss at him for landing himself in the emergency room yet again. Only apparently the last time he wound up at the hospital, it was too easy... too boring... so this time, he had the fire department come for what they apparently have a term for - an "attic extraction." My dad had gone to my sister's house to do some work in her attic, and was up there for about 3 hours, doing nothing, before my sister came home and found him up there in insulin shock. She gave him juice, and called 911, and before long there were ambulances and fire trucks trying to get my very easy and complacent (AHEM) dad out of the attic. His blood sugar was so low, they had to start the IV before they even got him out of the attic. He already had some juice before the ambulance arrived, and his blood sugar was still in the 20s. Thankfully, he is fine, and went home late last night. So if you see him, give him a big long hug, and then smack him around a little bit. You can tell him I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment