Monday, October 12, 2009

18 month checkup

John Dickson went in for his 18 month checkup this morning. Here are the highlights:

Height: 33 inches, 71st percentile (down from 77th at 15 months)
Weight: 26 lbs. 3.5 ounces, 55th percentile (up from 40th at 15 months)
Head: 82nd percentile
Shots: 3

John Dickson may have some lingering sinus infection from right before Lauren's wedding, so he will be back on Zyrtec for 2 days, and if his yuck doesn't clear up from that, he has another prescription for an antibiotic.

Dr. Greene wasn't overly impressed with John Dickson, developmentally, but she wasn't concerned about him either ("yet", as she put it). I asked her if development was somewhat hereditary, since his dad didn't talk until he was like 12 and wound up being one of those obnoxious 800 verbal SAT-ers. But she said no. Whats up with an 800 verbal anyway? I retook that darn test 3 more times and my verbal score never went up a point from the original score, which I will not disclose, but was closer to my age.

John Dickson did quack like a duck for Dr. Greene. He started that last night, and then during the monsoon today, as he was wearing his rain boots with mallard ducks all over them, he kept staring at his boots and quacking. It's quite cute. Only the way I quack, I sound more like someone who is imitating a game show buzzer, so that's exactly how his comes out too.

Check back later this week for pictures of John Dickson in his halloween costume (he's a tiger, did I mention?) Friday night we will be Boo at the Zoo-ing!

1 comment:

  1. You know, Austin isn't saying more than mama and dada (occasionally) at 12 months and I was getting a bit worried...but I did read that sometimes late talking is a sign of intelligence! Maybe he is following in his daddy's footsteps.

    Also, does your peds office offer and in-home evaluation? If anything, something like that could help ease your mind.

    ReplyDelete