Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend festivities Pt II

After dinner we headed to Reedy River Park to feed some hungry ducks...




















And then John Dickson tried on his tuxedo in preparation for Lauren and Jared's wedding. He absolutely loved it! He started running in circles, flapping his arms and laughing. And then he would pause long enough to pose for the camera before taking off again. I would post those pictures, but I think I might just have to leave them as a surprise until the big day.

Instead, I give you a cute story. After John Dickson got out of the bath tonight, I was about to put a diaper on him when, surprise surprise, he left to go get a pair of shoes. Then he saw me opening up the diaper on the floor, and he came back, straddled the diaper and then sat down in the middle of it, and said "thank you." I don't think he was thanking me for changing his diaper, but I think he just expected me to say it and he beat me to the punch. He also thanked his teacher when he left school today. So sweet :-) And starting this week, John Dickson will be transitioning to the Young Todds room. There are 5 different levels of classrooms from age 1-2: Beginners, Young Todds, Older Todds, Twos, and Twos-Threes. The difference? No clue, but John Dickson will be starting flashcards. Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment