Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Fancies

John Dickson is a fancy little man. He loves to have his hair brushed, loves to wear dressy clothes, and most of all, he loves shoes. After my week away in Atlanta, I picked John Dickson up from daycare, knowing that would get me a really big heartwarming melt your heart make you cry welcome home. So I open the door with a big goofy grin on my face and then John Dickson sees me. He starts running. Running away. Well it was definitely a make you cry welcome home! He was mad mad mad (said Days of our Lives Susan style) and was not overly thrilled to see me. But, he forgave me immediately and loved all over me when I gave him what we lovingly call his "fancies."



These are his tuxedo shoes and John Dickson is ALL ABOUT THEM. They were more than I tend to spend on shoes for myself, and so I justified the purchase by the promise to myself that they would go up on Ebay Sept 6. John Dickson made me put them on, then wanted to go outside, so I took them back off and tried to put on his sandals. He started to scream, got his tux shoes, and brought them back to me. So I figure, whats the harm in letting him walk around outside if I keep him out of the dirt? We get outside, he trips over his own feet, scuffs up the top of his right shoe and skins his right knee. So much for ebay! John Dickson cried no more than 15 or 20 seconds over his knee and was over it. He's so tough! Needless to say, we have had to hide his fancies until the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment