Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm trying to be grateful...

really, I am. But I'm having trouble. You see - I have this "issue" with singing in movies and on tv. I've never been to a real musical, so I can't say I wouldnt enjoy a good rendition of the Lion King, but as far as movies that are musicals and tv shows that revolve around singing - they just make me mad. Not angry (well, except when I'm not expecting it and my show is disrupted by gosh darn singing), but mad in the crazy farm way. Singing is for concerts. Acting is for tv. The two should only be mixed on broadway or in Disney movies. PERIOD. WHY DOES NO ONE GET THIS??????

So, as you know, my hubby has been living with my dear Sisto and her dear hubster. And the Zo Zo. They have been incredibly generous in sharing their home with him, rent free, and have even let Ellie stay. On the weekends. Without Adam. That's serious generosity! And when we asked to pay for utilities, all they wanted was for Adam to clean their gutters (which if they are reading, will happen tomorrow). So I want to be grateful - really I do - but then Adam came home last night. We use to have this understanding that we both hated American Idol. Well he came home and turned on American Idol AND GLEE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! When I asked him what happened, he told me.

"Lauren and Jared got me hooked again."

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Sorry love. I understand the dislike of American Idol (I watched for the first time last season, and never again), but I do love me some Glee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing belongs everywhere. Sometimes I wish the people around me would spontaneously break into song and dance. One day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Mike loves IDOL!!!! You lose a point there.

    ReplyDelete