Friday, April 16, 2010

The Difference a Week Makes

When I last posted about John Dickson, he had only a few key phrases, mainly -

I touch it
I eat it
I hold it
I like it

In the past few days, he has taken off with his 3 word sentences -

I play bassetball
I eat pudding
I feed Pishy
I dump it (the contents of Mr Potato Head)
I read di-sor bones (Enga - this is the book you gave him)
I read spider (Book from Anne Mama)
I get down
Pishy go bye bye (I dont know where Pishy goes - I thought she stayed in her bowl, but you never know)
I ride truck (he is super excited to have Adam home and desperately wants to ride in his truck)
I sit here (in his wagon in the garage)

He found a loaf of bread in the car because Adam and I went on a picnic on my lunchbreak, and he said:

I hold it. I eat it. Piece bread. Mo bread.

And this doesnt require talking, but he definitely found one of my necklaces and tried to get Adam to switch his medic alert necklace out for a gold and purple one.

We have made a lot of progress with bedtime, but last night we started letting John Dickson cry in the middle of the night, which is TORTURE. And also, he is going to break his door here shortly. His 12 and 4 am wakings were starting to get old after several consecutive weeks of it, and his pediatrician said to let him work it out on his own, so we're giving it a go. The hardest part is convincing big softy to quit putting him in our bed. One of these days I will have the two of them trained :-) And then there will be a third...

I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment