Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Sunday

Last weekend was a big, busy weekend! Friday we had our pictures and spent the day getting ready for John Dickson's party. Saturday was the main event, followed by a ::gasp:: date for me and Adam, complete with dinner AND a movie! (Henry ate waaaaay too much popcorn). And ::gasp:: I stayed awake for the whole movie! Go me!! We saw Hot Tub Time Machine - worth seeing, but not my favorite movie ever. We came home to find John Dickson still up and getting into March Madness with my mom and dad. He is now obsessed with basketball. No really, obsessed. He got a little money for his birthday, so we got him an adjustable basketball goal, and OH MAN. This morning he woke up, in our bed, and said "bassetball" and then ran off to start playing. When the kid wants to play before he has his morning cup of milkjoe or some breakfast, it only seems fair to call it an obsession.

Which brings us to Easter, which is what this post is about. John Dickson woke up to find the Easter Bunny had left him a basket of goodies, complete with a giant Handy Manny coloring book!



After all of the Easter Bunny excitement, John Dickson went to the Easter service, and he made it ALMOST to the very end. We're working on it! He belted it out during all of the songs, which was absolutely adorable, and when it came time to share the peace, everyone around us was quick to comment on how stinkin' cute he was. He has also developed a precious "amen" and he folds his hands to pray. I love it :-)

After church we had a big lunch with my parents, Aunt La La and Uncle Jared, and Mimi and Grandy. I was put in charge of filling the deviled eggs, and caught a lot of flack (sp?) for polishing off the filling before the eggs were filled. I didn't realize there were more egg whites :-) And sheesh, it was Henry's fault anyhow! (Yes, yes I do use that excuse A LOT, but I'm carrying Adam's baby - I think its fair to blame excessive eating on the baby). All I can say is thank goodness Henry didn't accidently eat all of the bread or my dad might have cried.

After lunch and John Dickson's non-nap, we went outside to find the Easter Bunny had left some eggs!






I spent so much time searching for the perfect Easter baskets for John Dickson and Henry that I finally gave up and decided the perfect baskets must be coming soon to a store near us NEXT Easter... so John Dickson used his make shift basket. I pulled out a picture of my old Easter basket to see if it could be passed down, but with all of the flowers and bows I decided against it.

John Dickson finished off his Easter with a big playdate with Walter! The guy I use to work for now has 2 kids, and his older one is 2 also. The boys had a blast playing trains (except when Walter literally locked John Dickson in his room), playing in the sandbox, and riding Walter's "roller coaster." They worked up quite the appetite and polished off some pizza and LOTS of grapes. It was the first playdate John Dickson has really had since he was old enough to really play, and it was quite a success.

Bath and bed and then on to John Dickson's real birthday.

To be continued... (Desperate Housewives is coming on...)

No comments:

Post a Comment