Thursday, April 8, 2010

2 year check up

I somehow came down with a stomach bug or ate something that did not agree, but the posting of birthday pictures has not happened yet. In the meantime, John Dickson enjoyed running rampant through the house after bedtime while my insides came out. I'm better now, so expect pictures soon.

John Dickson's 2 year check up was this morning and he is 28 lbs (much lighter than we thought and in the 50th percentile) and 35 inches (68th percentile). His head remains up there in the 83rd. Yep, 24 month or 2T clothes, and 4T-5T hats. His head is a Propst/Kelley combo, thats for sure! If the double your height at 2 years rings true, John Dickson will be about 5' 10". Not too shabby for having Propst genes!!! A little weak for the Kelley genes. I guess what Adam said before we got married is true - "if we have kids, they'll be the perfect height, because I'm so tall and you're so short. And they'll be the perfect level of smartness because I'm so smart and you're, well... And they'll be averagely attractive because I look so good and you're eeehh...." Yes you heard right, this was BEFORE we got married. And I still married him. He owes me, right? Maybe if he reads this I'll get tulips :-)

Everything checked out great! His left tube has fallen out but is in the canal. His right ear had some wax so the doctor couldn't see if the tube was in or not, but it was not in his canal, so it is either in or it is all the way out. I told her about our bedtime woes and she said it sounds like we are doing the right thing and to stick with it. I was kind of hoping she would say we were doing it all wrong and offer up magical suggestions. In the meantime, John Dickson will continue to never go to bed. And most importantly, NO SHOTS!!!! I had even given John Dickson Tylenol this morning in preparation, but it turns out there was no need. John Dickson was really good the entire time and he got a big Handy Manny sticker as a reward. He decided his roughly 2 inch by 2 inch sticker should go on his cheek.

Thats about it! Bear is making leaps and bounds with his heeling and is already cutting back on his steroids. Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment