Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Potty training

I think if it weren't for daycare, we might just be close to potty training. FCDC doesn't start working on that with the toddlers until they're 2, so with no reinforcements 8-5 Monday-Friday, there is clearly no point. John Dickson has finally decided that stinky and/or wet diapers are not comfortable, and is eager for needed diaper changes. In fact, the other day I asked John Dickson to go to his room and bring me a diaper. I heard the plastic rustling around, and John Dickson came back with...

A diaper. That his dad gave to him.

So, I sent him back again, on his own, to see if he'd bring me a diaper. He ran off, and 30 seconds later, he emerged with...

A wipe. Are you impressed? I thought that was REALLY smart! Ok, maybe I shouldn't type REALLY in all caps, and maybe I'm biased (ok, I definitely am), but thats smart, right?

So we did the diaper change thing, and then about an hour later, John Dickson ran to his room and came back with another diaper! He then laid on his back on the floor and lifted his legs.

He definitely does not like stinky diapers anymore. This should be a good thing. But its not. Yet. He has taken to solving the problem of the stinky diaper all on his own. It involves finger painting.

Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment