Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Babycenter

When I was pregnant with John Dickson, Lauren made me sign up for babycenter updates. Then every week I got to announce, usually with a laugh, what strange fruit or vegetable my baby was that week. After John Dickson was born, the updates kept coming, this time to tell me that my baby should be uttering his first words around 9 months (and he did, 6 months later!) or to tell me my baby would finally be starting to roll over at 4 months (which he had been doing for over 2 months). Yes, babycenter updates are fun, but rarely are they accurate.

But probably the most far fetched update I have received to date came last Thursday.

Your two week old:

Hello, Amanda! A whole week has passed, but doesn't it seem more like a lifetime? As you're adjusting to feedings and getting by on less sleep, your baby is also adjusting to his new world. He sleeps in short naps, wakes to feed, and spends some time quietly alert before drifting off to sleep again. Babies' eyes focus best on objects between 8 and 15 inches away — not coincidentally, the distance to your face when held in your arms.

Either babycenter is pulling a fast one on me, or Adam has adopted a newborn baby. I totally would not put it past him... have you seen him with John Dickson?

No comments:

Post a Comment