Sunday, November 29, 2009

A little of this, a little of that...

Last weekend was the St Judes walk with Leslie and Jessica, and I wound up with $200 raised - only $50 shy of my goal... not bad, I say. John Dickson did great the whole way and didn't even object when I bundled him up, wrapping his arms and hands up tight in his blankie. He was so good :-)

Wednesday night we headed down to Columbia where Adam would become the man who saved Thanksgiving. My mom had bought a turkey and defrosted it for 4 days (the max recommended) but that bird was still froze! His tail was froze...and his nose was froze and his ears were froze. And his toes were froze. He didn't still have all of those parts, but it's a great line from 101 Dalmations :-) So Adam set out at 9:30 Wednesday night in search of a fresh bird, but only found partially frozen "fresh" turkeys at BILO (and no ham), and no fresh turkeys at all at Kroger. Kroger did, however, have a spiral ham, which became the center of Thanksgiving dinner at the Propst household. That night the bird was nice and ready and Adam fried him up good. It was a feast x2.

Friday morning my mom and I were in line at Belk at about 3:50 AM to win our $1,000 gift card, which we had prearranged to split. However, we only wound up with $5, which I barely even got, as they were only giving the gift cards to 18 and up. I stood there for a minute while they continued to pass out the cards to several people behind me before I made them give me one. Sometimes it really helps my image to have John Dickson with me, but as it was only 3:50 AM, he was sleeping tight in his crib. (By the way, anyone willing to show up at your store before 4 AM deserves a freaking gift card, 18 or not... ahem).

Yesterday we pulled down all of our Christmas stuff and began decorating the house. We didn't get to decorate last year between my crazy work schedule and John Dickson's 7 months-ness, but this year we've gotten a few lights up outside. We need to go to Lowes and get some more though, as I grossly underestimated our need. We also need more lights for our tree, as we were a couple hundred short last year. Our tree was pretty sparse. As I pulled everything out yesterday, John Dickson gasped and/or squealed at EVERY item I pulled out of the box. Every single last ornament. He was in sheer heaven. We have 3 different musical decorations, and he insists we play all 3 at the same time, over and over. And over. And over and over and over. Yes sirree, John Dickson is a Christmas man.

We are hoping to make our Christmas tree buying experience an adventure today... will let you know how it turns out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment