Sunday, July 26, 2009

Welcome to the Kelley Household

If you need anything, just look around. Very thoroughly. You might find it. Ever since John Dickson came around, things have been popping up in the strangest places. Sometimes John Dickson hides our things, and other times, its a little something I like to call mommy brain. Here is the latest sampling:

Cant find my cell phone? On top of the fridge. Now obviously I did this (Adam wasn't home). But why?

Doing laundry... whats that on top of the washing machine? Oh, why that's a pack of turkey. Again, this was me.

Still doing laundry... open the door, and find a big blob of brown mushy substance on top of the round opening. It's dog food. Not me.

Adam's truck was parked in our driveway for close to 2 weeks. The car keys were in the end table, which was also where I recently found my flip flop.

Tonight John Dickson crawled under the desk, opened the printer, and pulled out none other than the camera battery charger. In the printer. Thank goodness he retrieved it, or it could have been a VERY long time without that charger. I mean, who looks for missing things in their printer? Totally reminds me of Zoolander... "it's in the computer??" Ahh good times. On that note, one of John Dickson's pictures tonight from Picture People was a pretty darn good Blue Steel.

There was also a tiny brown sandal missing for a couple of months until Granna and Papa came to stay with John Dickson. I was pleasantly surprised to find that pair of shoes lined up neatly in the bottom of his closet. Would still love to know where on earth it came from... Currently missing are 2 white t shirts - one with a duck, and one with a giraffe. I have searched high and low, including unpacking 3 huge boxes of outgrown clothes to see if my absent mind maybe packed them away. No luck. We might need Granna and Papa to come back and work their magic.

Missing your big bouncy ball? Check the toilet.

Why are every one of my t shirts on the floor? Oh, because that drawer was better suited for socks, apparently.

These are just a few of the little things that make life with John Dickson so much fun. There is also something else you should know before coming to visit - in the Kelley household, when it rains, it pours... About 2 weeks ago, our dishwasher broke and started pouring water out into our kitchen. The next day, the faucet in our bathtub started acting up and we couldn't turn off the water. Now we can't even turn it on. And because these things come in 3s, now our hot water heater is broken. Yaaay water. I guess we should just be glad we have it.

Last but not least, John Dickson is the proud new owner of a new tooth! He now has 3 on bottom and 4 on top. I wish I had a picture to leave you with, but I told you about the charger, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment