Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Proud moments

I have been so proud of both of my boys lately! As I sit here typing, I can hear Adam secretly watching Bobby Flay in the next room, and it makes me beam. He also used his handy man skills to install a new light fixture in our new bathroom. I thought about doing it myself, but remembered the warning I received from my dad after my last light installation attempt - "Good job, but never do that again." As soon as we get the mirror on the wall, I'll put up a picture or two. It's like a whole new room!

Moving on to the littlest Kelley... let me just tell you... that little boy LOVES him some Wipeout!!! He normally goes to bed around 7:30 or so, and almost always by 8, but tonight he didn't quite make it in there before Wipeout started. If you watch, then you know the first part is absolutely the funniest, and is the only part that includes the big balls. If you don't watch, well, shame on you! So we decided he could wait until the first commercial break. That little guy sat on the couch between the two of us, and did not so much as blink, I dont think, until the commercial break. It was so sweet, we decided to let him go to yet another commercial break, and still yet another. He would run around until the show came back on, and then resume his seat on the couch. And he also enjoyed talking to the contestants.

The littlest Kelley also surprised and pleased me tonight when he downed... wait for it... rutabagas! Im serious! I cooked up some mashed rutabagas, and John Dickson could not get enough. Adam and I love just about any vegetables, but we were not big fans of this. John Dickson was a different story!

John Dickson also decided to nix his nap at daycare today, and actually ran around the room waking up the other kids. This was what I expected 2 months ago, but it didn't happen until today. This was maybe not a proud moment.

If you read the stats about John Dickson's 15 month checkup, then you know that he is growing like a weed. What you maybe did not know is that his feet are growing like something that is... much faster than a weed. In March John Dickson wore a size 3. Now, in the first week of July, John Dickson is wearing a size 6. Check it out!





Obviously those are Adam's shoes, but his feet really have grown 3 sizes in 3 months. You should see him toddle around the house in his grown up shoes - he can really do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment