Friday, January 28, 2011

Christmas in Winston Salem

Before we get to wrapping up Christmas - I'll fill you in on Henry's 6 month stats.

Weight: 17 lbs 11.5 oz (44th percentile - can you believe it?!?!?!?)
Height: 27.75 inches (82nd percentile, I think, and quickly catching up with his brother)
Head: Not sure exactly (::cough cough 99th percentile cough cough::)

Seriously, what is up with our kids and their big ol noggins?? Henry wears 6 month clothes and has 12 month clothes he cannot wear because his head doesn't fit through. And seriously, some of them have extra snaps around the neck. John Dickson is quickly outgrowing his 4T-5T hat. THE CHILD IS TWO!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, but... John Dickson is in the 3 year old class at school now. How crazy is that?

Anyway, the pediatrician was really impressed with Henry's motor skills (the nurse asked if he was rolling both ways... um, yes, and also, he can cross a room in 4 seconds flat). She said he seems a tad behind on the verbal communication.

Hmm... I feel like I've heard that before somewhere...



And look at him now - ahem - he never stops talking.

But back to Christmas... We got to Winston Salem on a Thursday night, and I believe it was John Dickson who convinced everyone we should open presents that night. Things were kind of a whirlwind and I thought our camera was not there, but then we found it later, so we have a lot of video - not so many pictures.

I tried to capture a good picture of these munchkins, but its quite hard to do.

And Henry, he was so over it.







This one is my favorite. I feel like I have a lot of pictures of John Dickson and Ella exchanging these exact looks.



Anyway, everyone played with everyone else's toys. I tried on Jason's new clothes, Glen wore my new shoes, Adam organized his pockets with Cathy's purse organizer - things got crazy! But seriously, John Dickson got a gigundo firetruck that he later used to transport one of Ella's toys back to our house in his secret compartment. True story.

The next morning, Adam and I fixed breakfast. It was gross. We spent the remainder of the day making up for it with delicious food prepared by people other than ourselves. And then the next day we did the exact same thing. We went to a BBQ place for lunch where Ella impressed everybody, shooting mandarin oranges like oysters and eating approximately 5 plates of food for lunch. And then growling at the table next to us. It was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment