Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Highlights

Sorry for the blogging hiatus - its hard to get anything done when Henry just refuses to relax.






Ok, so that's not my excuse. I'll blame it on lack of sleep, since my relaxed little pumpkin does not sleep any better than the night he came home from the hospital. We're talking every 2.5 to 3 hours. And I. am. sleepy. Anyway, I really just wanted to share a few sweet pictures and to give you the highlights:

Our first born can spell.



No, he doesn't actually know any letters yet, with the exception of "B", and I'm not even sure that counts, since he thinks all letters are "B", but when he asked for a snack the other day, I asked my mom if she had any "b-a-n-a-n-a-s" to which John Dickson replied: "Yes, I like bananas. I like it." Amazing. He also recognized when we went from I-20 to I-26 and said "We're here!! We're at Nana's house!!" Keep in mind, we almost never go to Nana's house that way, but we were coming back from the beach. (You saw Henry above, right?) Anyway, more on the beach later. It's late, and did I mention that I am sleepy?

Henry had his first trip to the zoo on labor day. I assumed most people would have plans on labor day. Turns out, everyone had plans to go to the zoo. Anyhoo, Henry decided it would be awesome to poop all over his clothes so that we would have to change him while holding him over a bench. (Zoo bathrooms = gross). He then proceeded to go 3 or 4 more times while being held over the bench with no diaper on. It was both impressive and mortifying. They have renamed the bench in Henry's honor. Ok, so the bench never had a name before, but it does now.

Like I said, highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment