Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cha Cha Slide

This, my friends, is what I had the pleasure of watching my 2 year old do during music this morning. The Cha Cha Slide. Absolutely, positively, hilarious. Watching John Dickson do music is the highlight of my John Dickson week. It will be such a bummer when I have to go back to work! No worries though, he always finds some other way to entertain me...

Take for example Henry's pee pee teepees. John Dickson INSISTS these are little hats for Henry, and he tries to put them on his head. Now they are hats for his dinosaurs.

Speaking of dinosaurs, John Dickson got 3 dinosaur eggs that fizz in the bath and have tiny dinosaurs inside. And when I say tiny, I mean tiny. The things are no bigger than the pad on your thumb and they are made of foam. Easy to vacuum up... trust me. I accidently vacuumed up the purple dinosaur, but I figured John Dickson would never realize it. Rule #1: Never underestimate John Dickson. He found his orange and green dinosaurs the other day and he asked where his purple dinosaur was. Feeling about as big as said dinosaur, I tried to explain to him that I accidentally vacuumed him up and that he went to the dump. ("Daddy's dump" as John Dickson calls it). So the next day, this is what happened:

John Dickson: Where green dinosaur go?
Me: Mommy accidentally vacuumed him up. I'm so sorry.
John Dickson: He go to the dump?
Me: Yes he did. I'm so sorry.
John Dickson: No sir! Dont vacuum up dinosaurs!!

I believe we have finally hit the potty training jackpot with John Dickson's new Cars underwear. He is obsessed with them, and he does his best to keep them clean. Up until today, he has worn diapers to school, and so he changes into underwear when he gets home. Adam has started working at night due to those crazy night labs, and so he wasn't here last night. John Dickson put on his underwear, and forgetting Adam was not here, he ran out of his room screaming "I have Cars, Daddy!!!!" So sad. Then his prayers went like this:

"Now I lay me down to seep
I pay the Lord soul to - where's daddy? - keep
May angels watch me trew night
Daddy not here.
Keep me in bessed sight.
I see Daddy.
Amen."

John Dickson has been eating up a storm again - just yesterday for breakfast, he had an entire banana, half of a peach, half of a granola bar, cereal and an entire piece of cheese toast. No exaggeration. I love pretty much all vegetables, but I have never been able to stomach summer squash or zucchini. I decided to give zucchini a go the other night anyway, slicing it thin and roasting it nice and crisp with parmesan cheese, thinking John Dickson might like it. He wouldn't even try it. He has interesting excuses for not eating food, and tonight it was this:

John Dickson: "I no like it."
Me: "You haven't tried it. You'll like it."
John Dickson: "No, I no like it."
Me: "Just take one bite."
John Dickson: "No, it has bug on it."

We told John Dickson on Saturday that if he took a nap all by himself like a big boy, he could go to the zoo. So John Dickson got in his bed, and 5 minutes later, he got up. We argued back and forth on the matter and he got in his bed a few more times. Finally he started fussing about going to the zoo, and we told him he could try again tomorrow. So he says "I try again." and he starts to head to his room, turns around, and exclaims: "I wake up!!"

John Dickson has started being a little possessive over Henry. Yesterday when I went to pick him up, all of the kids flocked over to Henry, like they do everyday. Little kids LOVE babies. Anyhoo, John Dickson came running over yelling "No!!!! Don't touch my baby!!!!"

I'm sure there will be many more stories and pictures to post as we head to the beach tomorrow!! It will be Henry's first time dipping his toes in the sand. Happy labor day!

No comments:

Post a Comment