Monday, January 25, 2010

My New Obsession

I love Jeopardy. I never took much of an interest in the show before because I never knew ANY answers. Or questions. However you want to look at it. But I've grown older, wiser, and better at guessing, and I can get a good 10 on any given night. 10 out of 60 or so, but still... I especially love the food categories. I own them. I'm still no pro though - the other night the final Jeopardy clue was about a country singer. I guessed Johnny Cash. The answer was Hank Williams Sr. Alex said "I hope no one said 'Johnny Cash'" and they all had a good chuckle. Adam thought this was HI-LARIOUS.

Also HI-LARIOUS? Jerry Seinfeld. Adam and I went on a long, long, long overdue date Friday night and went to see Jerry Seinfeld in Charlotte. I really don't like the show Seinfeld, but I figured the guy had to be funny in stand up. And he did not disappoint! Dave Schiff opened for him, and he was hilarious as well. I don't know that he was funnier, but his jokes were written as if he set up a hidden camera in our house and then wrote an entire routine based on our relationship. It hit so close to home that we were in hysterics the whole time.

We spent the rest of the weekend with my old roommate Leslie and her husband Nick, and met Ashley and Jeff for lunch on Saturday. I showed remarkable will power at Janie and Jack (while John Dickson had his SECOND meltdown in the store because I would not buy him shoes... we are 2 for 2 on that front). That kid loves him some Janie and Jack shoes. And then we met Adam's parents for dinner in Concord Mills where John Dickson rode the carousel three times. His first word the next morning was "neigh". Then "Elmo", as he wanted to get another peek at the Elmo cake I made him - a practice cake for his birthday. I CANT BAKE. But I refuse to be the mom who cant make her kid a birthday cake. And so Leslie taught me some tricks and it turned out nicely, if I do say so myself. Two. He is going to be two. We rounded out the weekend with breakfast with Jess - All in all, a good weekend.

John Dickson was exhausted when we got home on Sunday, but he refused to nap. He was so tired, in fact, that when I put him down last night and went back to check on him, I was able to put a diaper on him and zip him up without waking him. The kid knows how to remove duct tape, unzip his pjs and take his diaper off without removing the pjs. What are we going to do with him?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment