Friday, January 22, 2010

As usual - completely random

It's still January and I have broken 2 of my New Years resolutions - Post more pictures, and not break resolutions. Oh well, I still have flossing I guess.

I've been asked for a pregnancy update, so I will make a top 10 list, in no particular order, so as not to sound like I have a long string of random pregnancy related thoughts.

1. I have felt completely normal for about 3 weeks now, queasy wise. Thank goodness.
2. I am exhausted. And I cant figure out if it is pregnant related or work related. Or both. I have been getting to work at 6:30 most mornings and working late some nights or working at home other nights, or I am asleep by 8 pm. If I make it that far.
3. I'm getting nice and chubby, but don't look pregnant. I have an internal conflict of wanting to look pregnant because I never have anything to wear and maternity clothes will expand my wardrobe, and not wanting to look pregnant because right now I sleep really well. On my stomach.
4. We are supposed to find out in 6 weeks what we are having. I am lobbying for 2-3 so that we can do that before Adam moves. Oh yeah, Adam is moving. More on that later. John Dickson and I will follow eventually.
5. I get asked A LOT what I think we are having. I have absolutely no idea, just like I had no idea with the first one. Sometimes when I talk about the baby I refer to it as "he" and other times its "she". And no, its definitely not twins!
6. We got to hear the heart beat for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to take FOREVER to find it, and as soon as the doctor did find it, I laughed and he lost it again.
7. We are undecided on a middle name for a girl - I'm pushing for Madelyn Claire or Madelyn Harper, but my husband is the WORST when it comes to agreeing on names. He likes nothing and offers no other suggestions. I hope none of you ever have to name children with him. And I sincerely, sincerely mean that.
8. Our boy name is, I think, offially, Henry Hollen. You can like it or not. We'd call him Henry.
9. There is no number 9.
10. John Dickson found my old cabbage patch kid doll, Mary, and so I let him keep her. He calls her "baby." I rationalize this as good practice :-)

And in other news...

My first baby...

The black furry one...

I wish I had a great picture to insert here...

Is 5 years old today. Happy birthday Bear! This makes me seriously depressed. Seriously. As a favor to me, I hope he will live forever.

Which brings me to a random point:

No one understands why I am not in love with Ellie. I do love her, and she is a VERY sweet dog, and is VERY VERY good with John Dickson. But she is dirty. Our walls are orange, our back door windows are covered in mud, our freshly mopped kitchen is always ruined with muddy footprints, and at 100.6 lbs the mess is very difficult to control. I thought this was the problem, but I realized the other day what the real problem is. She has completely changed the way that Bear is a part of our family. Bear use to be inside 99% of the time. He slept in the bed, he went on car rides all the time, he went on almost every trip with us. He was MY dog before Adam and I got engaged. Now, because Ellie has to be outside during the daytime, so does Bear. Ellie hates car rides with a passion, but she gets really jealous and distraught if you take Bear without her. So Bear doesn't go. And Ellie takes up our entire bed, has no respect for personal space, and, there's the problem of her muddy fur and feet (she's our dog who digs and rolls in the mud and naps in the rain, voluntarily). So for a couple of years, Bear slept in the living room. We finally compromised and Bear is back in our room. He chooses to sleep on the floor, but he is by my side all night... at least he still knows he is mine. And that is my totally random rant.

John Dickson calls Bear "Boo Boo". He says:

"Where Boo Boo? I nnnnknow. Bye bye"

That little man has been doing some crazy cute stuff lately, but I'll have to save that for another post. Just know that he has decided half brussels sprouts are turtles and plays with them as such. "Tur-tull" with heavy emphasis on the 2nd T.

No comments:

Post a Comment