Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas Eve Pt I

Christmas Eve was a pretty busy day for us! We went out for a festive lunch at Qdoba where John Dickson decided to give me the honor of pulling up my dress while standing in line. A little early Christmas gift from him. The rest of the morning and early afternoon was spent tracking down a bottle of nail polish. I had just gotten my nails done, and they were chipping pretty hardcore from cooking and baking and cleaning. I never get manicures, and I refused to let it go without a fight, so we went to 10 stores in search of "French Quarter for your Thoughts." Literally ten. I almost lost 1 husband. I finally wound up convincing a nice man to sell me an open bottle - he was very much in the Christmas spirit. After that fiasco was resolved, we headed to a 3:00 church service (3:00 service = genius, by the way)with Granna, Papa, Erin, Jason and Ella. A little pre-service picture:



And yes, the boys did look quite dapper, if I do say so myself.

After church everyone came over for Christmas Eve dinner. Just getting these 3 in the same shot is quite the feat.



Opening their ornaments - a Christmas Eve tradition in our house. John Dickson scoping out Ella's loot:



Henry and the Granna. It was approximately 100 degrees that night, so you may notice the boys gradually stripping over the course of the night.



The massive tickle fight that broke out.

No comments:

Post a Comment