Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Newest Love

WHOA am I behind!!! WHOA I start every blog post this way. And WHOA Ellie broke the E key off of the keyboard. So to recap, we are very behind and from this point forward, I will not be going back to add in any missing Es. Dal with it. Haha, get it?

So we discussed John Dickson's birthday back on the 5th, but did I mention on the 6th we got our newest love? Meet Ms Emma Reagan Libet.
I know what you are thinking... gorgeous. Just like her mama. But with bigger bows. She's our newest niece and we love her to pieces. I saw her the day she was born, the following weekend, then again on Wednesday, again the next weekend and again the weekend after that. I am totally spoiled and fear I may go crazy if I do not see her again soon. Love. This. Baby.

Little Miss was born on the 6th at 3:48 (I think) in the afternoon, weighing in at 6 lbs 14 ounces and measuring 19 inches long. (John Dickson also came in at 19 inches, only he was 8 lbs even. Chunkalunk). This baby is a super snuggler and knows how to rock a bow. I love having nieces - its really quite perfect - sweet little girls to buy the cute stuff for and to eventually take to get their nails done on a favorite aunt outing, but little boys to take home at the end of the day. Could not have planned it any more perfectly if I had tried.

Did I mention my camera is still lost???? Im pretty bitter about that.

So after Ms Emma was born, we headed down to the beach with Granna, Papa, Erin, Jason and Ms Ella. Yes, we have a Ms Ella and a Ms Emma. Don't get me started. It's very difficult. At least thus far we have managed to keep Ms Ellie out of the mix. Anyway, we had a great time, spoiled rotten in a house on the water. John Dickson has enjoyed the beach in the past, but he LOVED it this time. He made a pretty awesome sand castle and moat with his Papa (but insisted that he was NOT a moat monster), and I dug a pretty awesome hole. It came up to my hip, which, as Adam pointed out, is not very deep, but we dug another one, connected the two, put the kiddos in, and BAM - play pen on the beach.

By kiddos, I should specify that it was Ella (I just typed that Emma... seriously, you have NO IDEA how hard this is) and John Dickson. Mr. Hennis does not like the beach so much! Let's discuss.

No blankie.
No musical seahorse.
Nothing to pull up on.
Wind.
Sand.
Sand in the mouth.
Tears.
Hat on.
Pull hat off.
Hat on again.
Pull hat off.
Hat on again.
Melt down.

HOWEVER, you get on the balcony with some Jimmy Buffet and Hennis is in hog heaven. He LOVES to dance. I was a little in hog heaven too watching John Dickson unexpectly bust out with the robot. Hilarious. And watching John Dickson and Ella shake their booties... too sweet. Aunt Erin brought some fun pinwheels and bubbles, and Papa flew some kites - I'm serious - I'm pretty jealous of my kids.

John Dickson and Ella continue to be a dynamic duo, and the fear of what they will be able to accomplish once Ella is a little bit older and they can truly plot is becoming both more real and more scary. They are a trip to watch together, and I think they get along pretty darn well! The two of them entertained each other for half an hour just running around the house pushing a rolling suitcase.

As soon as I manage to smuggle some pictures from Erin & Jason, I'll be sure to post some.

So that about catches you up to John Dickson's 3rd birthday party and Easter. We've just been enjoying playing outside in the pretty weather and cleaning up a lot of "choke up". Oh adenoidectomy, why didn't you work?!?!?!?!? John Dickson has also been wheezing and has been using an inhaler for the last week. He goes back on Wednesday for a recheck, so be thinking about him. It's been about 2.5 years that we have not been able to get rid of the runny nose, nasty cough and as of the last 6 months, excessive throwing up, which is almost without a doubt related to the gunk. Hopefully we are getting closer to the solution.

John Dickson and Henry just had their 3 year and 9 month well visits, respectively. John Dickson was 37.5 inches tall and 32 lbs, both hovering around the 50th percentile, and Henry Bear was 20 lbs 5 oz and 29 inches tall. It's funny to look at Henry's growth charts...

The last 5 percentiles for weight:
72nd
53rd
47th
47th
59th

Height:
99th
98th
76th
84th
72nd

You know, kind of jumps around.

Head:
99.65
99.7
99.45
99.89
99.6

That's my boy! That sweet baby has also started to skitter across the floor, sans knees, and he loves to play a good game of peek a boo - so cute. He actually played it with John Dickson the other day, all on their own, both cracking up. He's learning some sign language and I think he is starting to do some! He is saying Mama (not sure yet if its for me or not... sometimes I think so, sometimes not), Dada, buh buh (for bye bye), and some other random sounds. He will imitate you blowing raspberries and gives big open mouth kisses. And he's a big mama's boy. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment