Thursday, August 19, 2010

The John Dickson Fridays

Who said it had to actually be Friday?? John Dickson has been majorly hamming it up lately, and I figured it was time for a blog post. I would have posted yesterday, but I was busy watching John Dickson on the phone (talking to the Mooses Man), waiting for him to drive me to the store ("I drive you to store later" - sadly there is no cute mispronunciation - Ohn Disson can TALK! Well, some things haven't changed...), and being dead bolted out of my own house with John Dickson and Henry inside. Note to self: DO NOT go grab the mail without John Dickson. Moving on...

John Dickson's imagination has really been taking off. As you may know, John Dickson is obsessed with everything coffee. He loves to help make it, he loves to point it out in books, he loved the one taste he got, and he loves to pretend that he is drinking coffee. He got a new cup from Katy that looks a bit like a coffee cup, and he is obsessed. He asks for "milk coffee" or "juice coffee" and he will have you put it in the microwave if his coffee isnt hot enough. Set the timer, let it beep, and his same temperature coffee is perfect. He also has a microwave in the bath tub, which he uses to either warm up Daddy's coffee or to make Daddy dinner. It's located on top of the faucet, in case anyone comes to visit and needs a microwave while they shower.

On that note, please do not be deterred from coming to visit due to our recent spider infestation. Don't tell John Dickson I told you, but they aren't really real, and no, they don't really bite. But they are everywhere.

We had quite the car ride the other day, with John Dickson getting upset with me because I could not figure out what "Eeeeroooon" meant. John Dickson can say Erin perfectly, so I was pretty sure that wasn't what it was. Turns out he has figured out that to cool down, he needs the "air on." Once we got that settled, Henry started exercising his lungs, and John Dickson said "Mommy! Mommy! Make it better!"

I was pretty sure John Dickson had a dirty diaper last night. I asked him, and he said "No. You cant see." I waited a few minutes and then asked him if I could see his diaper, to which he responded with a straight face, "No. It's gone. I wear underwear." We wish, buddy, we wish...

John Dickson moved up to his new class at school yesterday, the "2-3s". He's been going over there late in the afternoon for a couple of months now, so it's not entirely new. Unfortunately, his best bud Pepper did not move up with him. Pepper, by the way, is a boy. John Dickson came home Friday with a hair rubberband around his wrist, which he calls a "hairbow." He insists that it is "Pepper's hairbow." We're not so sure about Pepper.

John Dickson also has a new love - Ms Mandi. Ms Mandi was his teacher before he moved up, and he calls her "my Ms Mandi." Yesterday I told him I was going to stay and watch him do music, and he said "Ms Mandi watch me do music."

For a while there, it was really hard to get John Dickson to leave school. He just wanted to stay and color or play with giant dinosaur toys. Now when we come get him, he comes flying over saying "My mommy (or daddy) is here!!!" Yesterday he came running over "My mommy is here!!!" and then looking at Henry, "My baby!!!!!!" There is a little girl in his class named Reese (he calls her "Reesey") and she has a baby brother too. Apparently when her mom came the other day, John Dickson said "Where's my baby?"

John Dickson continues to adore Henry. And I do mean adore. He still shares his blanket with Henry, and when Henry cries, John Dickson suggests that we give Henry milk, his paci, or his seahorse. Or sometimes he just mimics us trying to calm Henry down and says "Henry, Henry, Henry..." There's a chance he is confused as to how Henry eats, as Adam was holding Henry the other day and Henry started rooting around and John Dickson said "Henry eat Daddy."

Thanks to Aunt La La (AHEM), John Dickson loooooooooves money. He says "I want money." I give him a penny. "No, I want two moneys." I give him another penny. "No, I need five moneys." I was cooking dinner the other day and I told him that I didn't have any moneys for him. I heard him say "moneys right there." I just nodded and mmm hmm'd, and may not have been paying attention to him. He said it 4 or 5 times, and I finally turned around to see him standing there with my wallet. Then, while I was having ice cream with Adam's cousin Kirkley last week, Kirkley generously gave John Dickson "two moneys." I looked down a few minutes later to see John Dickson with Kirkley's wallet, zipper open, actually taking money out. I wanted to die. Then, as we were leaving, he insisted on putting his now "three moneys" (he found a penny on the ground) into the parking meter. I let him, and he immediately asked for "more moneys." How exactly do you teach a two year old the value of money?
No really, not a rhetorical question. Anyway, La La, I've been keeping a tab of all of the money that has been thrown into our air vent, put into parking meters, and lost around the house. I'll be sending you your bill.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment