Monday, June 28, 2010

Granna & Papa's - Pt II

John Dickson didn't just lounge about with Ella all day - he also spent some quality time with his Aunt Erin and Uncle Jason.





This picture is in fact what it seems. That little man "jumped" off of the diving board down to Aunt Erin. Can I tell you how much I love having doctors for in-laws? One to catch and one on standby.





Now you might be wondering... where is Amanda in all of these pool pictures? When do we get to see a belly shot? Well, here it is at 36 weeks.



I am just not one of those people who embraces the pregnant look. It turns out when you are 5 foot 2-is-generous-but-really-its-probably-one(and-three-quarters), you don't look like you shoved a basketball up your shirt - you just look like a basketball. So I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like when this basketball fell down the stairs today. Yep, I fell at work while pregnant with John Dickson (I was 12 weeks, there was no excuse), and I fell again at work today while pregnant with Henry. It's like my thing. The stairs were carpeted and my heel got caught - I went down a few steps on my feet and then fell onto my shins, burning off some huge patches of skin on my shins, and then managed to catch myself, while throwing my laptop down the stairs, just in time to avoid landing on Henry. It certainly could have been worse. But I'd also argue that not falling would have been both ideal and more grown-up-ly.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures/videos of JD are so cute :) Almost makes me forgive you for putting a picture of me in my bathing suit on the blog. Hope the glare from my puffy and ghostly white figure doesn't blind your readers.

    Also, you look nothing like that cartoon - you look amazing!! Be careful and no more falling!

    ReplyDelete