Monday, June 28, 2010

Father's Day 2010

We spent the weekend in Winston Salem for Father's Day before Adam and his dad made the trek to Maryland, where, by the way, Adam had a good check up. I was soooo not looking forward to 12 hours in the car, but did not want Adam to go it alone, so it was pretty awesome when his dad volunteered to go. What I mean by that is, it was a really tough decision, but I could tell how important it was to Glen, so I obliged... yeah...

Anyway, Father's Day was spent enjoying a yummy brunch with Adam's parents, Erin, Jason and Ella, followed by like a 4 hour nap by yours truly, followed by me getting denied lottery tickets at TWO locations because I did not have my ID. Side note: Yes, I look young. However, I am hugely pregnant - at least give me the benefit of the doubt. Don't want to sell me alcohol? No tobacco products? No firearms? That's ok. But a piece of paper? I think I'll be ok. End side note. We finished up the night with some wings and a trip to Target to get some diapers, where somehow, ahem, John Dickson left with new toys. He's quite good at that.

But probably most importantly, Father's Day was spent wearing Papa's goggles. A lot.





I'd say this sums up the day nicely.



I only wish we could have been with my dad too! At least we got to celebrate with him the weekend before - fried pickle style.

No comments:

Post a Comment