Friday, July 29, 2011

The Conclusion

So to conclude Henry's birthday weekend extravaganza, we went to Mimi and Grandy's to go for a swim. John Dickson missed the last 3 out of 8 swim lessons at the YMCA, and I'm thinking it was probably for the best, as he only seemed to like the water less and less. He still had a good time in Mimi's pool, but he insisted on sitting in a float, with swimmies, a noodle, another noodle, and someone holding on to him AT ALL TIMES. We'll just have to try again next year. Henry nearly fell asleep in the pool. I guess it would be pretty relaxing to have someone just holding you in the pool in the sunshine...

We also continued a rousing rendition of the game Swap. It's a card game, and it involves stealing cards and slapping hands. This didn't sit well with John Dickson and after lecturing us to no avail, he finally left the table. And not to brag or anything, but I definitely won the majority of the games, even with my handicap, er, "partner", Dad. I love my Daddy to pieces, but let's be honest. He sings better than he plays cards. Not to brag.

Mimi and Grandy with the munchens.



No comments:

Post a Comment