Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Tree Shopping

I've been awful about blogging. I'm still in November 2011, but if you look at our printed and albumed pictures, well, Henry isn't even born yet. So compared to that I'm doing pretty well! For some reason blogging has begun to feel like a chore, but then I read other blogs when I have some spare time, and I hate to think of those precious moments being forgotten because I didn't write them down. I just wish someone else would do it for me. It's part of my lottery winnings spending plan, along with a live in hairdresser and vomit cleaner upper. Until then, I'm going to do my best to catch up and get back to blogging, because man are my kids cute.

After a great Thanksgiving celebration with the Propst side of our family we went Christmas tree shopping to help my Mom and Dad pick out the perfect tree. (I have to post pictures from this excursion, as our personal Christmas tree shopping experience consisted of picking up a 5 footer from Lowe's during the employee appreciation week... less than thrilling).




You can't see it in these pictures (or maybe you can), but these were some disheveled munchkins. We took them out for CiCi's (an impressive display for our two). They looked homeless, except for the fact that they were purchasing an 8 foot tree, which would be odd with no home. Nevertheless, we found just the right tree. John Dickson got to put the angel on the top of the tree, with a little help from his Daddy.



Ahhh the angel. I'm pretty sure I've talked about her on here before. She is um... unique. She's made of cardboard and covered with felt. Her head is made of plastic, and she cost either $0.79 or $0.99 back in the day (my parents can't agree on her price, but I would assume my mom is probably right on that one, whichever one she said). So there she is, on top of their tree, year after year after year, where she has sat every Christmas since they got married. I WANT HER. If they do not find a replacement for her soon, I will steal her. They've been warned.



Isn't she... unique? I'm sure its difficult to tell if I'm serious or not about wanting her. Seriously? Yes she is ugly, and yes I desperately want her.

What do you think Henry?

No comments:

Post a Comment