Monday, May 18, 2009

Little man on a mission!

Disclaimer: You may want to skip the following line and proceed to the stories -

Our little boy is growing up. I said it. After 13 1/2 months, I'm out of denial for a minute here.

John Dickson has finally started to communicate (without words or sign language...) exactly what he wants. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? We aren't sure yet, but it is definitely cute.
He has started bringing books over to me, and then he turns around and backs up into my lap. Liking to be read to is a very recent development, but John Dickson loves a good book now! Especially at bedtime.
John Dickson has learned that the front door is the path to all that is good and wonderful in his world - outside. Like I mentioned, John Dickson was sick this past weekend. It didn't slow him down a whole heck of a lot, but we kept him home anyway. It was also cold and rainy, so we stayed inside. And apparently this gave John Dickson some serious cabin fever (no pun intended). Last night John Dickson would grab my hand and pull me over to the front door. If I didn't open it, he pulled down hard on my hand. I'd let him peek outside, and then he would cry when I shut the door. Repeat. And repeat. Now, this is where we see just how smart that little man is... he goes to his Daddy, grabs his hand, and pulls him to the front door. He would take us from the back bedroom all the way to the front door. And now that he knows you know what he wants, he does NOT take no for an answer without putting up a fight.
John Dickson also has decided that while water is an unthinkable filler for a sippy cup, it is positively the best thing on earth when it is a nice clean glass that is mine or Adam's. He will stand on the floor with his arms up to the counter, pleading for more water. You know, pleading in a John Dickson way.

And in a completely unrelated story, the other night at dinner I would pull up John Dickson's arm and then tickle his little armpit. After that, we kept telling John Dickson to raise his hands, and then when he would, we would tickle him again. He fell for it about 15 times. So don't worry... he's growing up, but he's not there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment