Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Beginnings


Hello to everyone that's checking this out, and thank you for sharing this experience with us. Amanda and I both wanted to have a way for all of our family and friends to keep track of the new little guy in our lives. Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers, warm thoughts, and well wishes as they have certainly been taken to heart and appreciated over these past months, and particularly the last few days. We look forward to introducing him to all of you in person, but until then photos and video will have to do. I'll try and be faithful to updating this thing at least once a week, but no promises as our lives are crazier now than they've ever been.
So far, parenthood has been an amazing experience that continues to change how I look both at the world and at my wife. I am learning in my own fumbling and awkward way to be a good dad, but Amanda was born a mother. From the second John Dickson emerged she knew him, everything about him, and in the instant she first held him I knew that I am truly blessed to have this beautiful and gracious woman be the mother for my child. As much as I was unprepared for the beauty and fulfillment of marriage, parenthood has blown me away.

4 comments:

  1. What a precious little angel you have! We are so very happy for you, and we are celebrating the birth of John Dickson!!! We love these blogs, and we will check them often for updates and more pictures! We look forward to meeting him in person when you come to Columbia! You two will be awesome parents, there is no doubt about that!
    Much love!
    The Hogues

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely beautiful. Y'all are going to be the coolest parents ever. We are so happy for you!!

    love,
    Jordan and Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My precious "Little" Amanda, congrats on your adorable son! You and Adam will make awesome parents! Cherish every moment you have with John Dickson these moments will pass too quickly.
    Amanda, I am so happy to see that Adam loves you and appreciates you for who you are and yes you will be the perfect mother!
    Amanda you know how special you are to me and I absolutely cannot wait to meet the newest member of yours and Adam's family.....until then I will keep updated on the blog! Thanks for creating that and I hope you/Adam can find time to keep it up!
    Love ya!
    Ms. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear John..........oops, wrong blog. Dear John Dickson. You have no idea what a special Mom and Dad you have. And by special, I don't mean they ride those short yellow school buses (fortunately, your Dad is too tall for that). No, I mean in the "lucky to have them" way. But let's just keep this between us...k? They are already morphing into parental units and will no doubt share your naked-butt-on-a-blanket pictures with anyone who gets within arm's length.

    And thanks for making me a "great" uncle. I've claimed this title for over twenty years, but it's no longer subject to debate. (Neener neener neener Amanda!).

    Love,
    Your GREAT Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete